Nestled just 4 miles from the vibrant Swansea City Centre, Gowerton is a picturesque location where Swansea Valley Resin Driveways recently showcased their expertise in a remarkable transformation. At the heart of this project was the installation of a stunning resin bound driveway and path for a semi-detached residential property. The revitalisation of the property’s exterior brought a touch of elegance to the Gowerton neighborhood, leaving the homeowners thrilled with the final results.
- Project Highlights:
- Project Description: Resin Bound Driveway and Path Installation
- 1. Surface Preparation and Repair
- 2. Concrete Primer and Resin Bound Mixture Application
- 3. Compaction and Curing of Resin Bound Surfacing
- 4. Sealant and Protective Coating
- 5. Seamless Integration of Resin and Existing Surfaces
- Completed Project Images
- About Swansea Valley Resin Driveways:
- Location: Gowerton, 4 miles from Swansea City Centre
- Property Type: Semi-Detached Residential Property
- Scope of Project: Install new resin bound surfacing over existing concrete on driveway and footpath
- Project Size: 125m2
- Colours: Border: Huka Falls ; Infill – St Tropez
- Product Used: Vuba Resin Bound Surfacing
- Time Frame: 3 Days
Project Description: Resin Bound Driveway and Path Installation
The objective was clear: to install a new resin bound surfacing over the existing concrete on both the driveway and footpath, reviving the property’s curb appeal and ensuring a durable, long-lasting surface. The team at Swansea Valley Resin Driveways meticulously planned and executed the following steps:
1. Surface Preparation and Repair
The existing concrete underwent thorough cleaning to remove oil, dirt, grease, and loose material, providing a solid foundation for the resin bound surfacing. Cracks, holes, and defects were skillfully repaired using top-quality patch compounds, ensuring a smooth and seamless finish.
2. Concrete Primer and Resin Bound Mixture Application
To ensure optimal adhesion, a concrete primer was expertly applied to prepare the surface. The team mixed the Vuba Resin Bound Surfacing according to manufacturer instructions, using Huka Falls border and St Tropez infill colours. The resin bound mixture was applied evenly across the surface, achieving the desired thickness with a trowel, screed, and rake.
3. Compaction and Curing of Resin Bound Surfacing
Each section was compacted using a compaction roller tool, guaranteeing a sturdy and well-bonded surface. Ample time was allowed for the resin bound mixture to cure properly.
4. Sealant and Protective Coating
The final touch was a sealant or protective coating, enhancing the surface’s appearance and safeguarding it against the elements. This finishing step added longevity to the project, ensuring the newly installed resin bound driveway and path would retain its beauty for years to come.
5. Seamless Integration of Resin and Existing Surfaces
Swansea Valley Resin Driveways showcased their expertise by edging and trimming the borders, seamlessly integrating the new resin surface with the existing surroundings, resulting in a visually striking and cohesive look.
Completed Project Images
About Swansea Valley Resin Driveways:
Swansea Valley Resin Driveways, located in Trebanos in the picturesque Swansea Valley, specialises in offering top-tier resin bound surfacing solutions for driveways, patios, paths, steps, pool surrounds, and more. Their commitment to quality craftsmanship, attention to detail, and a passion for transforming outdoor spaces has earned them a reputation as industry leaders in the region.